About Our Programs
Washington University is counted among the world's leaders in teaching, research, and public service, and draws students and faculty from all 50 states and more than 100 nations. Our mission is to discover and disseminate knowledge, and protect the freedom of inquiry through research, teaching, and learning.
Since 1984, Arts & Sciences pre-college programs have provided motivated students the opportunity to challenge themselves in a supportive and encouraging atmosphere. We commit ourselves each year to the following goals:
- To develop challenging and innovative programming that aligns with the overall WashU mission and goals.
- To provide academic support to enable all students to experience growth in their academic abilities.
- To create a positive, collaborative community by implementing educational, cultural and social activities for all students.
- To create a safe, respectful environment for all students.
- To offer a variety of enrichment opportunities to support students with the college application process and to prepare them for success both inside and outside of the classroom.
- To introduce students to the undergraduate experience through Arts & Sciences at WashU.
Our students come from across the country and around the world for the unique WashU pre-college experience.
Student Spotlight: Xuhang He
Get to know some of the talented students that attend our pre-college programs and read their advice to future students.
Which program is right for you?
We offer a variety of programming for pre-college students. With so many choices, it can be a challenge to chose which program is right for you. Let us help!Learn More