Early College Scholars allows high school students to enroll in courses through University College, the professional and continuing education division of the College of Arts & Sciences. This program is an ideal option for students who:
- Have unique academic interests not available through their high school.
- Are looking for courses beyond their high school curriculum.
- Need to enroll in a college course to fulfill a high school requirement.
- Are exploring alternative options to AP courses.
- Want to advance their knowledge in a particular academic area such as writing or foreign language.
- Would like a commuter option to our residential summer pre-college programs.
Not from the St. Louis area? We offer a select number of online courses through Early College Scholars as well.
To be eligible for Early College Scholars students should:
- Be a current high school student.
- Have an academic average of B (3.0/4.0) or better.
- Meet any prerequisites for the course they wish to enroll.
- As an international student, have a TOEFL score of at least 90
For students younger than high school, please contact our office to discuss application requirements which include a letter of recommendation from a teacher and interview with administrative personnel.
Students enrolled in courses through Early College Scholars are advised through our pre-college office and have access to all university campus resources including the Writing Center, the Learning Center, and libraries. During the summer, Early College Scholars are welcome to attend any of our scheduled college readiness activities.