Through our Early College Scholars program, students have the opportunity to enroll in online course work and experience our unique WashU pre-college experience from home. Credit and noncredit options are available so students may choose the online experience that works best for them.
Choose Your Course Experience
Students may enroll in up to three courses during the summer (a maximum of 7 units). All courses are taught by WashU affiliated instructors which include faculty, graduate students, post docs, and adjuncts. Students can select credit, noncredit, or a combination of both. Courses are offered over five different sessions. Dates for these sessions are included in the links below.
We offer a variety of introductory courses in humanities, natural sciences, math, and social sciences. Students study alongside undergraduate and visiting students and earn college credit.
Noncredit Exploration Courses
New for 2020! Explore the inner workings of the mind, enhance your writing, hone your leadership skills, and discover the worlds of medicine and genetic engineering with these exciting new noncredit courses.
To be eligible for Early College Scholars students should:
- Be a current high school student.
- Have an academic average of B+ (3.3/4.0) or better.
- Meet any prerequisites for the course they wish to enroll.
- As an international student, have a TOEFL score of at least 90, IETLS of at least 6.5, or Duolingo of at least 115.
For students younger than high school, please contact our office to discuss application requirements which include a letter of recommendation from a teacher and interview with administrative personnel.
Tuition for credit courses ranges from $665-$700 per credit hour. Most courses are 3 credit hours. Noncredit courses are $985 each. Payment is due in full to register for courses.
Special Program Discounts
- Returning Student Discount: A 10% discount is awarded to students who previously attended a WashU Pre-College Program and apply and are admitted to the 2020 Early College Scholars Program.
- WashU Employee Discount: We offer a 10% discount to all admitted students of benefits-eligible WashU employees. In order to qualify for the discount, a student must be a dependent child both by relation (birth, legally adopted, or step-child) and financially to a benefits-eligible WashU employee. A completed WashU Employee Discount Verification Form must also be submitted to our office by June 1.
Limited need-based scholarship assistance is available for Early College Scholars. Please contact our office for details.
Code of Conduct
By deciding to attend our programs, students commit themselves to maintaining the highest academic and social standards.