Our Middle School Summer Challenge program is designed to expand students' critical thinking skills in an exciting and innovative environment. Students participate in an arts and humanities themed course, leadership and team building course, and a STEM course creating a well-rounded summer experience. This program is ideal for students looking to build a strong academic foundation and engage with peers. This program is noncredit.
For the 2021 summer, Middle School Summer Challenge will be offered remotely.
2021 Program Dates
Each week of Middle School Summer Challenge is divided by grade-level as follows:
- Current 5th graders: June 14-June 18
- Current 6th graders: June 21-June 25
- Current 7th graders: June 28-July 2
- Current 8th graders: July 5-July 9
To be eligible for Middle School Summer Challenge students should:
- Be a current fifth-, sixth-, seventh-, or eighth-grade student during the 2020-2021 academic school year.
- Have an academic average of B+ (3.3/4.0) or better.
- As an international student, have a TOEFL score of at least 90, IELTS score of at least 6.5 or Duolingo score of at least 115.