About Our Programs
Washington University is counted among the worlds' leaders in teaching, research, and public service, and draws students and faculty from all 50 states and more than 100 nations. Our mission is to discover and disseminate knowledge, and protect the freedom of inquiry through research, teaching, and learning.
Since 1984, Arts & Sciences Pre-College Programs have provided academically talented students the perfect opportunity to challenge themselves in a supportive and encouraging atmosphere. We commit ourselves each year to the following goals:
- To develop challenging and innovative programming that aligns with the overall WashU mission and goals.
- To create a positive academic and community atmosphere by implementing educational, cultural, and social activities for all students.
- To offer decision-making opportunities for students to develop their independence.
- To create a safe, respectful environment for all students.
- To provide academic support to enable all students to experience growth in their academic abilities.
- To offer need-based scholarship assistance to ensure cost is not a barrier to attending our summer programs.
Our students come from across the country and around the world for the unique WashU pre-college experience.
2020 Program Cancellation
After careful and thoughtful discussion, and with the health and safety of our instructors, staff, and students in mind, we have made the decision to cancel all pre-college programs for the 2020 summer. These programs are the High School Summer Scholars Program, High School Summer Institutes, High School Summer Academy, and Middle School Summer Challenge. Please visit our summer cancellation web page for information regarding refunds, admission deferment, and online offerings.
Which program is right for you?
We offer a variety of programming for middle and high school students. With so many choices, it can be a challenge to chose which program is right for you. Let us help!Learn More