2020 Program Update: After careful and thoughtful discussion, and with the health and safety of our instructors, staff, and students in mind, we have made the decision to cancel all in-person pre-college programs for the 2020 summer. Students can still experience WashU online this summer with our Early College Scholars Program.
Through our High School Summer Scholars Program, students have the opportunity to enroll in courses for credit and study alongside undergraduates. Students select from a broad range of stimulating introductory courses in the humanities, math, sciences, and social sciences.
High School Summer Scholars live on campus in one of our top-ranked, air-conditioned residence halls. In addition to coursework, students participate in specialized seminars, workshops, academic support groups, weekend outings, and evening social events.
We offer three different sessions of the High School Summer Scholars Program:
- Session A: June 7-July 11 (five weeks)
- Session B: July 12-August 14 (five weeks)
- Session C: June 7-August 1 (eight weeks)
To be eligible for the High School Summer Scholars Program students should:
- Be a current sophomore or junior in high school (graduating in 2021 or 2022).
- Have an academic average of B+ (3.3/4.0) or better.
- Have a combined SAT score of at least 1200 or a combined ACT score of at least 25.*
- As an international student, have a TOEFL score of at least 90, IELTS score of at least 6.5 or Duolingo score of at least 115.
*We will accept the PSAT in place of the SAT or the ACT Aspire in place of the ACT, or you may submit an additional teacher recommendation if you do not have any standardized test scores to report.